I bought an budget-friendly, entry-level 1:10 RC truck. An ElectrixRC Circuit.
I guess I'm going to go ahead and do this AVC thing. There's a long to do list. Let's see here...
- Interface Arduino MCU to RC truck (done)
- Research truck's handling limits* (in progress)
- Collect acceleration data (in progress)
- Devise Electronic Stability Control algorithms
- Setup Android coding environment
- Ramp up on Android coding
- Explore using Android phone for navigation
- Arduino to Android interface (bluetooth?)
- Devise curb & object detection mechanism -- vision? laser? lidar?
Although we haven't made any official AVC 2011 announcement (and this isn't one either), everybody around the office is assuming that AVC will continue every year into the indefinite future. It's just too much fun not to do it! Trevor
What I've learned so far about using my phone is that it lacks gyros, kind of a big deal I fear. It makes the interface with the Arduino a little messier than I'd prefer.
|Pic from Sparkfun.com|
* Yes, of course I'm going to get to play with the truck! Duh!