RoboTurkey's actual name is Oscar (all Thanksgiving turkeys are named Oscar in our family). At random intervals, he either moves his head around, flaps his wings, or speaks while moving his wings for emphasis. He simultaneously moves his beak while playing back audio clips of my daughter talking.
Here are some specs and info:
- Wings and tail crafted by my 2 year old daughter
- Plays back 8 phrases spoken by my daughter and recorded to a 2GB microSD card
- Parallax Propeller on one of my miniProp boards
- Software written in SPIN and PASM
- LM386 audio amplifier with gain of ~20dB
- Head, beak and wing movement controlled in parallel
- 3 hobby servos I had laying around
- 6 AAA batteries
- NCP1117 LDO 5V regulator
- Cookie tin from Goodwill
- Feather boa, lots of craft sticks and hot glue from Hobby Lobby
- Plays back audio from microSD
I'll post up build details in the near future.