Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hero Jr Repaint

Ruining things sucks. I kinda screwed up and my impatience got the better of me. 


I didn't really care for the dark blue Hero Jr. I preferred the original computer beige and burnt sienna trim. So I "fixed" it... I fixed it real good...

There was an extra hole in the Jr. and there were some acrylic strips super-glued onto the head. I did my best to remove those. I'll figure out what to do about the hole later.

I was going to be lazy and just paint over the blue with a nice heirloom white. But no, I decided to use Citristrip on one of the panels and of course I was too impatient to test it on an inconspicuous area. So the stripper works really well. I highly recommend it. But not for plastic. It'll eat plastic. So I found out.

Long story short, the stripped panel will become the back panel, as it's kind of hashed up from me scraping off gooey paint and plastic. I may try sanding it more. It's not too bad. You can't really tell unless you're really close up. You win some, you lose some. 

I picked satin paint for a very good reason.

The plan is to do the trim in aubergine. I am very likely to give the robot a female voice. I think my little girl will like that better than a male voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment